Taking an Adult Timeout with Mark Anderson: How Float Therapy Lowers Stress and Boosts Creativity
When we were kids, we always thought that a timeout was like punishment. But as adults, we realize that the timeout is a reward. In fact, it’s necessary for our health development, especially for us sensitive people.
In this week’s episode of Someone Gets Me, we are joined by Mark Anderson to share the fantastic benefits of floatation therapy (aka sensory deprivation) and the power of taking a break in a meaningful way.
Key Points You Need to Know:
- Floatation therapy is a widely accepted form of alternative treatment for various conditions, ailments and generally improving overall well-being.
- Float tanks have been around since the 1950s showing beneficial healing experiences for physical and mental health. But historically, floating on top of still salt water has been around for thousands of years.
- Floating occurs in a salt water tub with 1000 pounds of Epsom salt in just 200 gallons of water. As the water gets dense with salt, a person achieves perfect alignment under zero-gravity conditions. With the water at the same temperature as the skin, this removes the sense of touch.
- The homeostasis of the minerals is friendly and nourishes the body that a regular tub or shower won’t do. Magnesium in the water that gets absorbed into the skin addresses magnesium deficiency, which causes heart problems, muscle spasms, constipation, and all kinds of stuff.
- This sensory deprivation treatment wrapped with the spa experience takes the scare out of it, so people can get comfortable and feel safe in a restricted environment.
- Coming from a military background, Mark saw how Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) had taken a hard toll on the lives of servicemen and women and their families. Ever since he tried his first session ten years ago — Mark dreamt of reaching many people to experience these life-changing benefits.
“So we’re putting you in a very womb-like state. As you ‘float,’ it is pretty amazing what can happen cognitively with the world removed. It’s just you, your breath, and peace.” – Mark Anderson
Connect with Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson owns St. Pete Salt Works, the flagship float center for St. Petersburg, Florida. He and his wife are excited to get the research moving forward and educate people to achieve healing and mental breakthroughs, one float at a time.
Learn more about them here:
Want to buy the gift of float? Get a gift card here:
The go-to site for all things float related:
“It’s important that we all seize the opportunity to rectify whatever is not working, to grow and expand in ways that are healthy, safe, and compassionate. Floatation therapy is one of those things that can do that for us. It can give all of us a sense of safety, a place to process things where we do not have to be afraid.” – Dianne Allen
Connect with Dianne A. Allen
You have a vision inside to create something bigger than you. What you need are a community and a mentor. The 6-month Visionary Leader Program will move you forward. You will grow, transform and connect. http://bit.ly/DianneAAllen
Join our Facebook Group Someone Gets Me
Follow Dianne on Facebook: Dianne A. Allen
Dianne’s Mentoring Services: msdianneallen.com
Schedule a free chat with Dianne at VisionsApplied.com/Meet
Be sure to take a second and subscribe to the show and share it with anyone you think will benefit. Until next time, remember the world needs your special gift, so let your light shine!